We welcome submissions from writers and illustrators. Acceptance is based on originality of ideas, usefulness to educators and others working in multicultural settings, audience need, market demand and a fit with the directions and goals of Lectura Books. We suggest all potential writers and illustrators view our books online.
To submit a manuscript or book idea please send:
- A brief description of the idea including the grade range for which it is appropriate.
- An outline of the development of the book.
- A sampling of the activities and projects if applicable or sample chapter.
- Information about you — the author — such as a resume, writing sample, or already published work.
- Query letters are not necessary. Response will be mailed within six months.
- Books can be submitted for review in English or Spanish.
All submissions should be typed and sent to:
Lectura Books Submissions
1107 Fair Oaks Ave., #225
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Please send a stamped-self-addressed envelope if you would like your materials returned.